Calculating What a Website Costs
I get emailed on a daily basis with people contacting me to find out what a new website will cost. I get a 1 or 2 sentence description of what they want, and in return they want a solid number that I will commit to.
I wish it were that simple.
Website Design Cost Calculator
Website Design Costs
- Logo design
- Custom web design
- Website template or theme
- Custom website graphics
- Template or theme customizations
Web Development Costs
- Number of web pages
- Web programming
- Web database design and development
- Search engine optimization
- eCommerce website development
- Social Media integration
- Speed optimization
Other Website Costs
- Copy writing/content creation
- Domain name registration/renewal
- Web hosting fees
- Secure certificate
- Code maintenance
- Website maintenance
With many factors affecting the cost of developing a website, it makes it nearly impossible to give a ballpark estimate that will come inline with a thought out quote. There are a lot of ways to approach website development too. Defining your website budget and then developing a plan to build your website (in phases if needed) is the approach I always recommend.
To help define what a website will cost, I offer website packages for small business to bundle needed features like:
- domain registration
- web hosting services
- secure certificate
- website support
Website design and development is still priced separately due to the numerous factors based on your specific project requirements.
If you Google: website package costs, you will see prices are all over the place.
- Do you need a custom web design?
- Do you need a single web page or many pages?
- Do you need a blog?
- Do you need eCommerce?
- Do you want to edit it yourself once its built? (CMS website)
- Do you need custom web programming?