Why Outsource Web Development Services?
Outsourcing web development services are a great solution for small companies that need technical expertise but don’t need to hire a dedicated web developer.
You could compare building a website to building a house. There are different parts that need to come together to build a completed project. You may have different contractors on the job like: masons, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, HVAC , painters…
The same concept applies to building a website. You need hardware (i.e. web hosting services), design (web design services), development (web development services like PHP programming and database design and development), content development (writing services) , marketing (SEO (search engines) and SEM (social media)), ongoing website management, support and maintenance.
A full service web design company will most likely offer all of these services under one roof. They have a full staff with teams to address the various parts of the web development process.
Not every website project needs a full blow web design company to create a website though. Not every website project needs all of the areas I have addressed above. Sometimes its due to budget or timeline. Sometimes due to complexity of the project, or maybe something doesn’t apply in order to meet the end goal.
I work with both consumers and small businesses. Web development services outsourced to me comes from other small business, and niche companies that need technical expertise that I have and they do not. Most businesses outsource PHP web development or outsource WordPress development to me.
Small businesses that outsource work to me:
- Freelance web designers
- Graphic designers
- Boutique web design agencies that focus on brand identity
- Marketing companies that focus on content development and social media
By outsourcing web development services, they are able to offer more to their clients, and grow their business.
Why outsource web development?
- Cost Savings – Not having to hire a full or part time employee saves money.
- Expertise/Knowledge – Hiring someone with expertise that you don’t have ensures the job gets done properly.
- Efficiency –By delegating work, you can be completing other parts of the job at the same time.
- Perspective – Having another person look at the project is always a good thing.
- Solves a Temporary Problem – Maybe you are short handed, or do not have the experience to complete work. Outsourcing solves this.
- Scalability – Developing a relationship with experienced contractors gives you the flexibility to have someone that is dependable and on call when you need them.
WordPress is the most popular CMS software on the Internet. Open source WordPress code is so popular, even most non technical clients have heard of it. This make selling WordPress websites easier.
Small web design companies may have the knowledge to install WordPress and a theme, but when it comes to technical experience to properly secure it or build a custom theme from a web design, it’s too much. Having to turn clients away because you can’t provide a website solution to them is hurting your business.
Outsourcing WordPress development takes all the stress off of delivering the project to your client. You work directly with the client, sell and design the website. Then send the design files to me and I deliver a completed website back to you. A great programming partnership formed!
Partner with a WordPress developer, to outsource all of the technical aspects of building a website.
Outsource WordPress development services like these to be able to support your client’s needs.
- Installing WordPress on a web host.
- Setting up a development environment will the new WordPress site is built
- Properly securing WordPress so it does not get hacked
- Installing WordPress themes
- Setting up a theme demo
- Theme customization for an existing theme
- Creating a custom WordPress theme from a web design that you create
- Installing and configuring plugins
- Adding functionally like galleries , portfolios and ecommerce
- Custom coding any functionality that you can’t find in a plugin
- Migrating a new website live
- After support
- Ongoing WordPress maintenance for updates and security
- WordPress web hosting and support
The challenge to outsourcing work is finding a good person to partner with. Lucky you, you found me. : ) Contact me if you want to hire a web developer online.