PHP Developer Portfolio
Custom PHP Web Development
My PHP developer portfolio showcases a few of the hundreds of PHP websites with databases that I have built. Many websites I code are white label an not included oin my portfolio. I have built complex custom PHP webs applications that bring in tens of thousands of dollars a month and many unique start up ideas that unfortunately are no longer online.
Below are a few examples of custom websites in my PHP developer portfolio. These websites have been built from scratch with PHP and MySQL database. While you can’t “see” PHP programming, I try to give an explanation of the functionality I have coded to build these websites. Besides building custom PHP websites from scratch, I build a lot of WordPress websites too. You can view my work a a WordPress developer here.
I started programming with PHP when I worked for a large, privately held company in the late 1990’s. I worked on a team of web programmers, working closely with database administrators and product development managers to support products on the company’s many websites.
My Programmer Responsibilities Included:
- Developing the company’s real estate search engine that aggregated MLS data nationwide.
- Developing the company’s vehicle classified websites, building the Place an Ad functionality.
- Worked closely with project managers to develop new products and functionality to integrate into the websites
- Created a custom CMS Intranet website to support customer service so they could do their jobs more efficiently
- Created a custom PHP billing application to handle monthly recurring billing for their many customers
- Provided daily ongoing website support to debug website problems.
In 2005 I left the corporate world and transitioned to becoming a freelance programmer. My experiences at this point were with custom PHP web applications. Becoming a freelancer, I discovered another world of opportunities with open source software. I have since worked many open source software applications like WordPress, Opencart, Joomla, Zen Cart and others.
Examples as a PHP Freelancer
Today, I focus mainly on custom PHP programming and custom WordPress development . My favorite types of projects are to work on are smaller scale custom websites built with PHP and MySQL databases. Many projects I create are for custom CMS (content management system) applications that require a login to view the back end tools I have created. Its hard to show this type of work, but here are a few examples of custom CMS website some of these web applications I have built:
- Classified ad and auction websites
- Client onboarding web applications
- Search engine websites
- eCcommerce web development
- Construction company project management web applications
- Landlord tenant management websites
- Online order delivery systems
- Secure file upload and file management systems
- Photo gallery management systems