Online Petition using WordPress
I was hired to design and develop an online petition website . The client needed to create an online petition to collect signatures to endorse a cyclists’ bill of rights in New York City.
Design and Development
This project was a perfect example for hiring a custom WordPress developer rather than trying to do it yourself. Even though it was essentially a “1 page website”, there was a lot functionality that needed to be coded.
The client was organized with all content ready and had a vision of what the site should look like. Because of this, we were able to design, develop and deploy the site in less than a week.
- design a single page scrolling website
- build an online petition to collect signatures
- track signatures and progress towards the goal
- be able to export all signatures to a csv file
- integrate social media to encourage social sharing
Self hosted WordPress makes adding custom functionality like this pretty easy!