eCommerce Development Solutions
As a freelance eCommerce web developer, I do more than just write code and deliver a website. I provide eCommerce consulting services to properly plan and build your website. Most people looking for a eCommerce website developer are overwhelmed at all of the options available and all of the features you need to consider when planning an eCommerce website. I will help you decide the best approach for your project.
What Is ECommerce?
eCommerce (or electronic commerce) is the term used to define taking payments over the Internet. So an eCommerce website has the functionality built into it to take payments online. Common ways to accomplish this are through electronic bank transfers, credit cards or PayPal. An online store sells products (physical or virtual) or services online. Other forms of ecommerce may be paid registration to access a website or register for and pay for an event online.
Types of eCommerce Web Development
I have coded many different types of eCommerce websites, here are a few examples of work I have completed.
- Online Stores – Selling products online is probably the first thing you think of when you hear the term eCommerce.
- Paid Membership Websites – When registering on a website members are charged a one time or recurring fee to access the website
- Token System Websites – Users need to purchase tokens (or credits) in order to then make purchases on the website.
- Pay Invoices Online – a single page form to collect a payment.
- Accept Donations Online – a single page form to accept donations
- Order forms – Simple order forms for an event, ie pizza orders
- Online Event Registration – sign up and pay online to reserve a spot at an event.
You can view more eCommerce examples in my website portfolio.
Best Way to Create an Online Store
I can’t stress enough to think through what you need before jumping in! There is a lot to consider when building an online store.
- Will you be selling a physical product (.i.e. t-shirts, photographs…) or virtual goods (i.e. services, software…)
- How many products will you have? If many, how do you intend to get them into the website? ie. manual data entry, import from a file, migrate from another website…
- Are there specific features/functionality that you need that are unique to your product? (i.e. wholesale/retail pricing, product customization, international shipping…)