How To Copy a Link is Simple
Copy and pasting a link is easy once you understand the steps.
My work as a freelance web developer is all done remotely. With almost all of my communication over email. When I am hired to repair websites, knowing the specific web page you are referring to is essential for me to duplicate what you are seeing. I will always ask you to send me a link to the exact web page with errors.
How to copy and paste a link from the address bar in your browser into an email is easy. The same concept applies to copying and pasting a link from an email into your browser too.
On a desktop/laptop
How to copy a link with a mouse
- Click anywhere on the address bar. It will highlight the URL in blue.
- Copy the selected text by right clicking with your mouse and select/click the text “Copy”.
An alternative option is using keyboard shortcuts. Press the < Ctrl > key (Windows) and clicking the “c” key. Link is copied. Now the link is copied to your clipboard.
- Then go to your email and used your mouse to click in the email body where you want to insert the link.
Right click with your mouse and select/click the text “Paste”.
An alternative option is using keyboard shortcuts. Press the < Ctrl > key (Windows) on your keyboard and clicking the “v” key. This will paste the link on your clipboard into the email body.
That’s how to copy a link and paste a link into an email. This works for email, or any other document you would like to copy it to. i.e. Word, Excel….
On a Phone
How to copy a link on iPhone
- Tap/press on the address bar, long enough to see a pop up menu. You will see the option to copy. Tap copy. The link is now in your clipboard.
- Open your email message that you want to paste the link.
- Tap/press inside the email body where you want to include the link. You will see a pop up menu with the option to paste. Tap paste. The link in your clipboard is now pasted into your email.
How to copy a link URL on Android
On Android phones using Chrome browser, it is simpler.
- Tap/press the link in the browser address bar.
- You will see 3 icons, Share, Copy or Edit. Click the copy icon.
- Tap/press inside the email body where you want to include the link. You will see a pop up menu with the option to paste. Tap paste.
Note: You are copying and pasting the link text. Your email program will automatically turn it into a clickable link when you send the email to the recipient. It may not look like a link when you paste it, but it will be converted when you send the email.
How is this useful for me?
Effective communication is essential for me to work efficiently when working remotely.
Copying and pasting links are valuable tasks to learn. You can apply the same concept to any application like Word documents, Facebook…